Saturday, February 21, 2009

How to Discover your Unique Soul Purpose Part 2

After doing Garrett Gundersons exercise I still wasn't clear on what to do with what I discovered and how to create a soul purpose statement. While searching the web I found a helpful form at www.synergyinstituteonine.com. I'll give you an example of how simple it is to create a statement using Garrett Gundersons ideas and this form.

The form has a place for listing your top three core values.
1. Integrity
2. Charity
3. Knowledge (freedom)

Next the form has you list your top three life's passions (here I listed my hobbies):
1. Time with family (family history)
2. Working with hands (creating)
3. Reading, studying, learning

Next list the top three talents, skills or abilities you possess:
1. Empathising (compassion)
2. Serving others
3. Decision making (following the Holy Ghost)

The key themes that kept popping up as I did Garrett Gundersons exercise are: Family, seving, learning, working with hands (or creating).

Here is the statement I made from the two exercises:
My purpose is to raise righteous, happy, well educated children in a close knit, strong family environment, to learn and create continually and apply that knowledge and those creative skills in the service of and for the betterment of humanity.

I would love opinions on this, suggestions and to hear of others experiences doing this as well.

Doing this is so important to me because it gives me a roadmap to follow as I walk through life. I can reflect on my statement and ask myself if what I'm doing is in line with my life's purpose.

Garrett White (who often works with Garrett Gunderson) is giving a free webinar called "Awaken Soul Purpose Teleseminar" on Thursday Feb. 26th, here's the link http://www.eventbrite.com/event/275095819

To learn more visit www.freedomfasttrack.com, where teleclasses and live events are offered.

Happy soul searching!

No comments:

Post a Comment