Monday, March 2, 2009

3 questions to ask yourself to see if you are playing victim part 2

Here is a journal entry dated 10/5/05. I had just given birth to my 3rd child and we were having major financial struggles. As you read it I want you to look for those victim statements, the owner statements, where I exaggerated disadvantages, and where I overlooked advantages.

"I had a feeling that something bad was going to happen today, and it did. Things were just going too well. The four kids I was babysitting, the mother left the father and took the four kids with her. Now I obviously can't watch the kids and she never paid me for the two weeks I did watch them, so now I'm not earning money and I now have three people that owe me money.

I got a speeding ticket in the mail yesterday for $141. Evidently it was one of those radar cameras on the Ross Island Bridge. I was returning from taking my son to OHSU for surgery preparations. They said I was going 41 mph in a 25 mph zone. I never saw the sign, I was just going with traffic and I guess 261 others got speeding tickets in that same spot during the same hour I did. It was an honest mistake, I would have never knowingly broken the law because I don't want to pay! This is my 1st traffic ticket ever.

Next I'll highlight what I found.

No comments:

Post a Comment